We continue our coverage of the CIPD L&D show with our recommendations from the free learning programme. Taking place over three separate learning
10.15 am – 10.45 am
– Learning and performance in 4,000 words, The CIPD
This session promises to deliver something a little different from the CIPD – the format will be based on the popular and fast-moving Ignite presentation approach, where speakers cover a topic in around five minutes using a fixed number of slides. This session will feature four different speakers, with each taking 1000 words to share their ideas and experience on the topics of learning and performance.
11.00 am – 11.30 am
– Meet the speaker – interview with Daniel Glaser
Daniel Glaser’s session on neuroscience for learning and how we can use content to create memorable learning experiences will undoubtedly be a highlight of this year’s main programme. We’re looking forward to hearing more from him in this informal Q&A interview. Arrive early if you can, as this session is likely to be extremely popular and therefore standing room only!
12.30 am – 13.00 pm
– Proving Training Impact with Big Data and AI, HT2 Labs
The HT2 Labs team are a forward-thinking, innovative bunch, so their session is a must for us. The dual topics of this session – Big Data and AI – can be a little bit intangible for
14.00 am – 14.30 am
– Three lessons from the deep culture shift at Schneider Electric, The Energy Project
In 2015, energy company Schneider Electric put employee well-being at the
9.30 am – 10.00 am
– Learning Technologies: What Managers Really Think, GoodPractice
Don’t miss our MD Owen Ferguson on the morning of Day 2. He’ll be up bright and early to share the findings from our latest L&D research, produced in association with ComRes. You’ll hear the surprising results about what managers really think about the learning technologies provided by their L&D functions, and how useful and accessible they perceive them to be. If you don’t manage to make it along, you can pick up your copy of the report and meet the GoodPractice team at Stand 432.
12.30 pm – 1.00 pm
– Technology in L&D: critical considerations for digital learning, Melanie Green, CIPD
With many different tech options available to support the work of L&D, a perennial challenge is how to evaluate what’s available and then select the right approach. We’re looking forward to hearing more on this from Melanie, in particular how to cut through the hype surrounding tech for learning and overcome assumptions about
13.15 pm – 13.45 pm
– The human factors of GDPR, Henley Business School
14.00 pm – 14.30 pm
– L&D that drives performance,
Towards Maturity and The CIPD are two stalwarts of the HR and L&D landscape, both producing leading-edge research that informs the evolution of these professions. In this session, they’ll be sharing the fruits of their combined research efforts and presenting
Don’t forget to drop by and meet the GoodPractice team on Stand 432 in between your conference sessions – we’ve got lots going on. You can:
– See a demo of our award-winning performance support toolkit.
– Check out our bespoke and off-the-shelf e-learning options.
– Enter our competition and an Amazon Echo.
– Pick up a copy of Learning Technologies: What Managers Really Think – our latest L&D research report.
– Come along to The GoodPractice Podcast – live! on 25/4 after Day 1 of the conference.