Yesterday we made a change to our technology platform that will allow us to offer our clients the next generation of GoodPractice toolkits. Early last year we embarked upon a project to examine the whole user experience of our products. Starting from scratch, we wanted to find out how we could make interacting with our toolkits even easier and more useful than it is already.
In order to do this, it was important to us that the end user was placed at the very heart of the development process. Everything we have done has been designed to make things easier for the managers and leaders that interact with our toolkits every day, and we worked with our partners at Storm ID to put together a robust process to ensure that’s what we delivered.
The overall project has five phases:
Phase 1 – Planning
Phase 2 – Requirements
Phase 3 – Design
Phase 4 – Implementation
Phase 5 – Testing and Measurements
And yesterday marked the completion of the final phase. Whilst it’s the end of this particular project, we like to think of it as the start of the next stage, where we’ll gather feedback, monitor usage and continue to iterate the user experience as we have done up until now.
It’s been great to work with the people that use our toolkits and look at everything from how we organise our content through to what features they would like to see added to what we have already. Along the way we’ve had card sorting workshops, eye-tracking studies, testing cycles and the frustration of waiting until now before telling anyone about it!
However, we’re almost there and we’re going to reveal our new look toolkits at the CIPD HRD exhibition on the 21st and 22nd April. Before then I’ll be posting a bit more information about the process we went through and what our clients can expect to be benefiting from in the future.
This is the first a series of posts describing how we approached the redesign of our online toolkits for managers and leaders. The other posts in the series are: